There are 5 kinds of ranking in the game:
1. Regional ranking
Regional ranking is a ranking of specific region where limited number of players are placed (couple of hundreds in the released game, several dozens in alpha) where they placed relatively close to each other and compete against their neihgbors. It is aggregated ranking of various player progress using the same 8 stats as global rankings (more on it later). Players in top 50 of this ranking receive title "Champion", top 25 - "Hero", top 8 - "Overlord".
2. Global Player ranking for all time
This ranking consists of 8 different top lists where players are ordered by total absolute values of one specific stat. High positions in those lists provide palyer special title similar to regional ranking. Here are the lists, stats, and titles (ordered from worst to best):
- Total country population (Governor, Godfather/Godmother, Demigod/Demigoddess)
- Total domain size (Keeper, Possessor, Master/Mistress)
- Total research points spent (Scholar, Savant, Genius)
- Hero experience (Wanderer, Enlightened, Sage)
- Damage done throughout all of the battles as attacked (Scourge, Bane, Destroyer)
- Damage done throughout all of the battles as defender (Protector, Paladin, Angel)
- Total number of resources plundered by the player, including thse received by protectorate contribution (Burglar, Stalker, Devastator)
- Total profit received from market deals (Merchant, Monger, Tycoon)
3. Weekly Player Ranking
Weekly player ranking also has 8 lists similar to all time ranking, but it is a bit different. The top 10 of each table shows 10 top players of previus week and their points. Below there will be current week runner-ups competing for the next week. People who reached top 10 list will receive special medals and stripes for display on their player info screen.
4. Alliance ranking for all time
Similar to player ranking for all time, but it uses stats of all alliance members.
5. Weekly Alliance Ranking
Similar to weekly player ranking.
Current State of the Rankings:
As the time of this post the ranking are being calculated internally but the top lists are not displayed, they will be added when we will start interface overhaul. However titles are assigned and should be visible in your hero tab (third subtab) and in hint over player name. Medals and stripes are not implemented as well at the moment.