First off, let me say I finally got there and I really liked it. Probably my favorite story location thus far. :-D On to the questionnaire:
1. 3-5 hours.
2. Mr. Thorn but I went to talk to Gromus and the crew before going to the camp. As for finding the hiding gypsies, a bear led me to them.
3. If, by pathfinder you mean those little light up footprints, I didn't realize at first what they meant so I think I missed things as a result. If you mean the bear, I loved that! I want to know more about all the animals though. I'd like them to all have a purpose.
4. I did not help the Centurion. I find the idea of genocide distasteful and I'm partial to the gypsy visitors so I helped them instead. No regrets.
5. I had to kill the watchman since he proved stubborn. I put potion in the food, not realizing I was going to kill them all. That was. . . unfortunate. In retrospect, it seems it was a matter of survival for the gypsies since it was clear they would either be killed or enslaved, judging by the large cage at the soldiers' camp.
6. I get it. The Centurion was doing a job but seemed too enthusiastic. I did not care for him much.
7. Demyan intrigued me but I was a bit put out by his suggestion that I mistreated my horses. :-D I liked him overall.
8. I did not get her quest as she did not want to poach her husband's client. I am interested to see how that plays out in future visits with different heros.
9. The planet puzzle was just right.
10. Oracle is interesting. I want to know more about her abilities. I'm not sure I'm finished there because, even though I finished the main quest, her quest tab is still open. I have to go back.
11. If you are asking about game truth, the present and past were accurate, imo. Arduinna came from a long way, leaving everything to appear on Teya. (not of her own choice I think however). As for the present, she has become a decent leader. The future was somewhat murky in that it seemed to point to total destruction (apocalypse warning I wonder?) but the prediction was made under the false skies so I'm not exactly sure. In the end the Oracle told me to basically keep up the good work.
12. Finding the ingredients wasn't terribly difficult but the disappearing mushrooms threw me at first. I ran into children looking for bugs (nice touch lol) and, thinking they were related to the mushrooms, gave them the bugs I collected along the way. They weren't of course.
13. I loved the dream sequence! I think, however, that I did not finish it successfully, because I still had planets yelling "entropy!" (that's the correct spelling btw) I probably missed a lot, or at least it feels that way, because the pathways all ended up closed to me, but for the one leading to the mushroom glade where the shade waited. I thought the sequence artwork itself was beautiful with the purple haze and twinkling lights. The tone of it was a bit depressing and nihilistic but probably too close to the truth. Well done! I'm glad the shade did not make me resurrect lol.
14. I got production boosts, a blueprint, food, a savings policy, a figurine from Demyan, and a silver merchant badge from the bug collectors. I didn't keep very good track I'm afraid.
15. I know of two for sure. I heard chiming and picked up random exp points during the dream sequence just for walking under lights so I'm not sure if that counts but I doubt it. I'm sure there are more but have to return to see if I can find them.
16. I don't know how many gems. I never keep track of those.
17. I don't talk much to the people wandering about the screen. I find it cumbersome to move my hero close all the time. The conversations I needed for the quests went well and I think are long enough. If I could ask for anything it would be to eliminate the repeated greeting when you are selecting different conversation options after you have done one. I can't say I noticed the interplay of different characters and dialogues but I don't usually take note on the first go around. I save that for subsequent visits with other heros.
18. I loved it! It is smaller than Karfaree, so I appreciated that. There are things to do, people who you obviously have to talk to and a puzzle to solve. I'm sure there is more because I believe I am not really done. There are the animals to figure out, the circle of fires, and fog that looks like it should be gone. It had more of the feel of the original Totem Tribe to me but that is probably because the dream sequence reminded me of Guardian Moon. I like all the story locations (okay, except Karfaree because that one is a bit overwhelming with all the people and all the side quests and I may not have the patience. It is something you have to do in stages imo.) I definitely want to climb the mountain/cliff now. Is there a hermit there? hmmmm?
19. I think the size is good. I do not think splitting it would work because so far, the content isn't large enough. Okay, I am probably missing things I know. I think the story location itself is a good size and if there isn't more content, some additional wouldn't hurt.
20. I liked the children looking for bugs. Nice touch. :-D It had a touch of humor aimed at the testers of course. I appreciate that sort of thing and would like more of course. We wall want more don't we? lol. I liked the guide stone messages, though they might be a bit late in the game for some. And, I like that there are obviously things to return to because I'm clearly not done even though the main quest is finished.
21. You know, I'm not sure what I think. Oracle said something about balance and Gromus and crew clearly don't like or trust Thorn. I think Thorn is a puppeteer pulling the strings of everyone (or could that be the jester?) except, perhaps, the gypsies. I think the Opposition believes in their cause but even getting rid of the God Emperors ( are they the players I wonder?) won't solve their problems, since I believe Thorn created them and will do so again. Or the players will. :-D It's cyclical. Establish a republic and it eventually devolves into tyranny, only to be replaced by revolution to start the cycle again. Thorn could be engineering all of this or the jester could. I'd like to find out.
22. This may be too little too late, but I really do like the story line. I think it's more on track with Gypsy Tabor and Thornsville now. I want to see how it all shakes out and what the relationship is between the players and the progression of the story.
23. I think my heros were all summoned before Earth was destroyed and are in a place and time from which they can never return home, because there is no home. They are sort of stuck trying to figure out how to survive and navigate treacherous waters. I'd like to think that at least one of my heros figures out Thorn's role, the jester's role and just who the God Emperors are (are they us?) and either neutralize or remove the persons or things that are keeping Teya from becoming "not Earth". I'm just not sure they can do that in five months, lol. (Hey, I couldn't resist. :-D )
2 months ago.