2021 was a successful year for Totem Tribe II: Jotun - we have managed to port the game to browser and mobile phones. Although browser/phone version is still rough, it becoming better and better with every update and eventually it will be ready for prime time. This would unlock the game for the whole new audience!
However our focus on phone version might have made some existing players unhappy due to lack of new content. Unfortunately, the phone version is critical for bringing new players in and thus sustaining appropriate income from the game to be able to fund future updates and developments so it will still be our #1 priority for some time. However, in 2022 we will try to pay attention to other stuff as well, hopefully doing some balance tweaks and content updates too.
Today we are releasing another big "compiled" update with a lot of small changes worth being mentioned in a separate news post.
- In attempt to fix nuclear warfare, demoralization penalty for nuclear missile / atom bomb attacker increased from 25% to 30% and the duration of the effect was increased by 2. Let us know how it affected the nukes, did it made room for regular attacks or people still prefer nukes instead of regular troops?
- When you change politics, Trophy Hall, Pantheon, and Wonder of the World does not loose a level.
- When player is deleted, his/her name should stay now, instead of becoming *UNKNOWN*
- Added more icons for Space Age technologies - getting there slowly.
- Analytical Engine: when it cannot be used, button is blocked and reason why you cannot used is displayed, hopefully it will help to avoid confusion.
Phone / Web Version Changes:
- Chat font size increased significantly, hopefully now the chatting is easier on the eyes when you use phone
- Touch screen tapping improved - now your taps should registered from the first attempt
- Flag is now placed on first tap after you have activated flag button
- Double-tap now places flag in that place (like right-click in PC version)
- Fixed bugs with selection and dragging on tech screen
- Removed map scrolling when you press and hold on the edges.
- Numerous font enlargements in phone version here and there
- Fixed the bug when you cannot join alliance after a victory.
- Made the message when player leaves more informative which includes the reason why (s)he left.
- Switch between towns should be faster now on slow computers / phones.
- Browser/Phone version no longer crash when you open list of offers on the market.
- Minor crashes fixed here and there