Today we launched Alpha Test Stage 6. This new version of the game features the addition of a whole new Industrial Age, totally new Desert climate, and a lot of smaller additions.
Let's go into detail about everything step by step.
As always, the new Age adds a whole lot of new buildings, units, technologies, upgrades, and so on. We had previewed some of the stuff earlier, but I will describe the key ones:
- Oil! Industrial Age adds a fifth basic resource - the oil. Oil is required by a lot of things in Industrial Age. Not only is it consumed when you build some structures, construct some units, and upgrades, but it is also consumed when you move your machines!
- Trucks and Barges. New resource delivery units will match your increasing needs for resource shuffling.
- Engineers. This new unit will be able to fix your machines in battle, just like witchdoctors and medics heal living units.
- Tanks. Unlike rams and mortars, tanks are more than just siege units. They are capable of being frontline fighters.
- Submarines. Ultimate anti-navy, submarines are very effective against ships, and they can also sneak undetected into enemy towns. They are unable to attack anything except other ships, but they can spy.
- Planes. Horses are useless in industrial age, but the new strategic resource 'Aluminium' provides access to planes, unlocking aerial combat for you!
- Bombs. The ultimate weapon of the industrial age - bomber planes loaded with bombs can destroy enemy buildings very quickly.
- Observatory. Allows you to reduce corruption effect on your research.
- Railroads. Even better than the paved roads.
You can find out more about the new industrial stuff yourself.
This time around you will be playing in the hot desert climate. It is a dramatic change from freezing tundra of the previous Alpha stage. As always, a new climate is not only the way things look, but also minor things like unique monsters, unique animals, fish species, strategic resources, etc. In this climate you will be able to get camels and build Caravanserai - which allows to train Camel Archers in Medieval Age!
Finally, the world map has changed once again, making continents even larger than in Alpha 5. Now continents are 44% larger than before. They have super-fertile spots too that were available in Alpha 4 and missing in Alpha 5.
There are 14 new quest locations with monsters that respawn over time. They provide you with both adventure opportunities and a place where you can kill monsters to get experience and loot if your own towns are not enough. Most of those locations are available right after tutorial, so uncover fog like crazy until you get them!
The Wonderful Garden was appreciated by a large number of players, thus we decided to add another minigame similar to the garden. Meet Victor Tesla and his tragic love story.
There are some other new things that may draw your interest - like troubling graveyards or weird thorns.
We added a whole new category of items which we had previewed earlier. Those items can improve your character's looks. They do not add any advantage, but allow you to make your hero cool and unique. Those items can only be obtained as a reward for inviting other players into the game or can be purchased in the Cash Shop.
The wipe of progress and Enkord Cash refund
Just like it was announced in previous news post - all Enkord Cash spent during March will be refunded. Needless to say, any unspent Enkord Cash will not be lost and you will be able to spend them during Alpha 6 without problems. Additionally, there are some other things worth mentioning:
- All items purchased with Enkord Cash (those which have E sign) were transferred to Alpha 6, so you will be able to start a new hero with these items from the old Age.
- You can even take up to 3 equipment items from the old hero to the new one, so your best artifacts can be kept!
- Last but not the least - there are different bonus packages - second wind and loyalist packages - so you will have a better start at Alpha 6.
All existing heroes and countries are wiped, because the changes in Alpha 6 are too complicated to allow us keep your progress. We appologize if it causes you inconvenience, but don't forget this game is still in an early stage of development. Such progress losses were expected and announced in advance.
The rankings are wiped for everyone as well - but achievements are kept and can be continued in Alpha 6.
We will start the deployment right away, but as always, the early version of the new Alpha stage might be extremely buggy, Critical bugs might even require us to reset the progress again. Plus it will be extremely crowded at launch. If you want a relatively smooth experience you might decide to wait a few days or even a week. If you can't wait - welcome, but expect bugs, crashes, and a tight map.
In the comments below, let's reminisce about Alpha 5 - which is over - and also post impressions about your early dive into Alpha 6.