PLAY NOW
FREE GAME DOWNLOAD

Espionage Redesigned

This update is much larger in comparison to previous ones. We have finally completely redesigned the espionage system, which will actually make full use of your spies and eliminate a cheat that allows you to figure out the whole enemy army with a single spy unit.

The spying mechanics are now built similarily to plunder, except instead of resources, spies accumulate "intelligence points", which after the spy battle determine how much information they are able to get.

  • Spying for Buildings: Each spy can gather information to reveal one level of buildings. This means that if you send one spy, you will be able to see one random Level 1 building of the enemy. However, if you send 100 spies, you will be able to see random buildings totaling up to 100 levels. Multiple spying attempts might reveal different random buildings. You will not be able to get all the buildings with one spy anymore.
  • Spying for Resources: Each spy defines the maximum amount of resources he can detect. For example, if you send one spy, and he can only detect 500 resources max, any additional resources the enemy town  has will show as "over 125" (500/4 resource types). If you want to know how much more, send more spies.
  • Spying for Army: Again, intelligence points will determine the total price of spying the enemy army. If the intelligence points are enough to cover the whole army cost, you will see the whole army. If the intelligence points only cover a fraction, but not less than 75%, you will see rough estimates instead of hard numbers (few, many, etc.). If they cover 50-75%, you will see a percentage of units, one against another, for instance: Brave = 75%, Hunter = 25%, but it could be either 3 and 1 or 300 and 100. For 25%-50% you will only see unit types without any information about quantity. If it is less than 25% you will not be able to get any information at all.

I did not post a specific amount of "intelligence points" spies actually gather and specific corellation between those points and the actual information received because this type of information is subject to change. I don't want to be obligated to updating it each time in public.

Furthermore, battle reports now have similar information grades as espionage - if your army was very small and everyone is dead, you will not be able to know what killed you. This will also eliminate a "one explorer attack" cheat.

Another important change in this update is the game interface change. Since Alpha 1, people have been asking for the ability to collapse parts of the interface to have more visual playing space. This time it has been implemented. Let us know if this is what you wanted.

Finally, some internal tweaking allowed us to speed up some graphic user interface. Take a look at the rankings tab and let us know if it opens faster for you now.

A full list of today's update changes are in our update log thread.

Let us know what you think about the espionage redesign in the comments below.

Posted 4 years ago.
5

Comments

well I for one think it is a little bit much now. I sent 25 spies to a town with 345 culture and where I already know there are no walls no towers and no people. They came back with information on 7 buildings. I understand it was to easy before but I think what they gather should also be based on towns defenses. They should have been able to take a leasurly stroll thru this town. 

4 years ago

In my opinion it should scale with culture or by how many towns you have so it is easier for newer palyers and decreasing how much each spy finds each town/culture/level

4 years ago

Reply to Tuey :

well I for one think it is a little bit much now. I sent 25 spies to a town with 345 culture and where I already know there are no walls no towers and no people. They came back with information on 7 buildings. I understand it was to easy before but I think what they gather should also be based on towns defenses. They should have been able to take a leasurly stroll thru this town. 

This is a good point. Defense is upgraded to prevent attacks ..  that should include attacks by spies. If little or no defense is present within a town, the knowledge available to the spies should greatly increase. As it currently stands, if a player does not build defense they are still protected from spy attacks? It only makes sense that this be one of the consequences of that choice.

Edited by Simba 4 years ago. Reason: content

4 years ago

Perhaps a new building that would decrease the amount one spy finds so for example if there is no building one spy would find 20 levels of building, if it's level 20 he would find 1 level or something like this

4 years ago

I like the new spy system.  Spying was way too easy before.

4 years ago

You have to login to post comments