Next version of the game we are planning to launch will introduce some fundamental changes into the game so it is worth explaining it in advance.
Totem Tribe II: Jotun is reaching a more stable phase and we are going from Alpha 8 to Beta 1 with the next wipe. Exact wipe will be announced at least a week in advance, but you have at least 1 month from this moment until it will be launched.
There will be both new features and some deep underlying changes which may affect the way you play the game, so let's talk about our plans with a little bit more detail
We have plans to add the following next content for Beta 1:
- Thornsville - new quest location which moves the main storyline forward. You will meet mysterious Mr. Thorn and will spend a night in his legendary mansion wondering who he is and what his true goals are.
- New set of dungeon-like randomized locations with a quest which unites them - the dungeons received high acclaim from our users so we decided to add something similar. The monster dens were well-regarded for the fact that you can return to them multiple times so these locations will have something that you can return to later even if you have beaten the location.
- New minigame - now the quest won't have an associated character so you don't have to talk to anyone - let us know if it is a good decision or a bad one. Did you like minigame characters like the Gardener, Tesla, Steve Perfectionisto, and Billy Bonkas or you would rather have minigames without them?
- Movement Surprises - have to keep it secret, just going to tell you that World Map will become even more exciting.
- Zoryana's Diplomatic Advisor Quests - she will teach you how to get along with other players and eventually join an alliance. This should be helpful to those players who are not very aware of the multiplayer side of the game.
The global game sessions in Beta 1 will be different from what it was in Alphas:
- No longer are there going to be regular global wipes, the game would play like it has been planned initially - players will have their individual timers of around 5 month since the time they started their hero/kingdom
- This will put all players in fair condition, because right now when someone joins close to the wipe he is having less time to play versus those players who started in the beginning of the alpha. This is especially hurtful to attracting new players as it made no sense to do that right before the wipe. Hopefully it will allow the game to grow more.
- Close to the wipe time the particular player will start getting warnings at least 1 month in advance to urge him to reach one of the victory types or he will be destroyed by the cataclysm.
- The warnings and the individual wipe would be scripted like a coming doomsday with mad prophets preaching and other signs showing in your towns so it will be fun to experience story-wise in case you didn't make it.
- All items purchased with Enkord Cash and spent a month before the cataclysm will be returned if you decide to start anew to make your rush towards victory in front of impending doomsday less hurtful in case you fail to make it in time - you will use those items again in your fresh new start. That's in addition to all your unspent purchased items and Enkord Cash.
- To make it even better, you will be getting those items purchased with Enkord Cash back if you spent them a month before any kind of defeat, not just the one caused by cataclysm. Specifically in cases when you were wiped by other players.
- All those refunded items are in addition to the normal Second Wind and Loyalty packages you are usually getting.
- The positive outcome of this is after Beta 1 launch it won't be so crowded anymore like with each new alpha start.
That being said, it does not mean there will be no global wipes, the Beta 1 is still not a final game, a lot of content is still missing and some new content might require doing a total wipe someday, but with Beta 1 launch we will start to add everything via updates that allow everyone to play on.