PLAY NOW
FREE GAME DOWNLOAD

New Building Added - Cabin

We have added a building which is aimed to address early game problem when Stone Age (and to a lesser extent Classical Age) does not have enough huts to compensate for population growth.

Limited number of huts in Stone Age makes building times go up handicaping progress. To address that we have added a special type of hut called Cabin - it is unlocked in the end of Stone Age and locked when you research Town Hall in Medieval. This building reduces building time just like regular Hut but more significantly.

Let us know if it becomes easier with your new heroes to progress at early ages.

Posted 4 months ago.

Comments

I would have rather had an air craft carrier, just saying

4 months ago

lol @ Tuey :D

Bers, I think this sounds like a great idea to bridge that gap. Look forward to seeing the impact when I make a new hero.

4 months ago

May be a dumb question, but how is it unlocked ? I can't find any hint on that when playing my heroes' town.

4 months ago

Reply to Andruxius :

Its under Expansion tech.

4 months ago

I started my town this week and it certainly is helping me bridge the gap currently. Although I was a bit confused before seeing this post because the cabin didn't have a tooltip yet in the tech tree so I had no idea what it did until I unlocked it.

4 months ago

Reply to SeriousSennaw :

Forgot about description - will be added in the next update

4 months ago

Good morning,

Can you tell me what to do with placing my Hero on a spot?

i mis the flag

probebly i not pay attention I must learn to handel things because I am one beginner!

thanks for this wunderfull game!

3 months ago

The cabin is a great addition - it helps a lot with reducing corruption and improving building speed in the early stages - thanks!

3 months ago

Reply to Tiny :

Good morning,

Can you tell me what to do with placing my Hero on a spot?

i mis the flag

thanks for this wunderfull game!

Not sure what kind of problem with the flag do you have, can you be more descriptive? The hero follows the flag so you can place the flag where you want your hero to go.

3 months ago

A blueprint, seriously?  Do I get to start another cabin, if I finish this one?

3 months ago

Looks like there was a bug whilch made cabin to have only 8 levels, hence the blueprint. After the update, blueprint will be required for level 10 only and power of the cabin will be increased from 5 to 6 per level.

3 months ago

First i'd like to say the cabin really did help a lot with build times while going through classical age.  However, i feel that it gets locked way too early in medieval age.  I would like the devs to consider locking it with the "Education" research, when huts are locked.

My reasoning for this is as follows.  As a despot player, i have chosen over the last several alphas not to build classical siege buildings/ units.  The primary reason why is because building siege in classical makes your build times skyrocket out of control and it was very difficult to get the times back down again.  Well, with the cabin, i decided to see how much this building would help, so i built it to level 9 in all towns.  I also built siege workshop to lvl 18, and had minimal other military buildings, as much as what is needed to build a sage tower (so, 1 lvl 5 archer tower, i enchanted tower, lvl 8 garrison - no stone age military).  So even with 20 maxed houses, lvl 9 cabin, my build times were well over 100%.  (Can't remember the exact numbers now, as i didn't write them down).  My dwelling had a few stone age military buildings, stables, and a few more towers thanks to bulat, and the build time there was approx. 170%.

So, my first research into Medieval age was monotheism, chosen because it is still significantly cheaper compared to Education, and gives the opportunity to build up the town hall and add more huts/houses, to try and get build times down again.  However, you are now hit with this research with losing the cabins, so before you can even get to building more huts/houses, you're hit with a 54% (or 60% if you used a blueprint) increase in build times.  So my dwelling went to well over 220% build, other towns about 170%.  I built town hall to lvl 8 in all towns and added huts but i'm still not yet to 50%.

Locking the cabin in Education as opposed to Monotheism would allow a despot player to build up the town hall and try and get a handle on the already high build times before it gets increased again when cabins are lost.

2 months ago

You have to login to post comments