Long time coming, but we have finally unlocked nuclear warfare in Information Age. Nuclear warfare consists of the Atom Bomb, Nuclear Missile, and Mutual-Annihilatioin Defense. Let's take a look at each one respectively.
- Atom Bomb - built in Pyrotechnics Facility and loaded into bomber planes just like regular bomb, except it requires Uranium to be attached to your town in order to build. Also, only one bomb per plane can be loaded.
- Nuclear Missile - unlike the bomb, it delivers the damage on its own and there is no way you can stop it once it is launched. However, you can see it right after it was launched. It is the ultimate weapon, but it also costs a lot to use it, both in terms of resources, and also in terms of penalties received when you launch it.
- Mutual Annifilation Defense - if you have a Nuclear Silo built, you can also build this one to automatically launch a missile back at someone who launches a Nuclear Missile at you. It will fly faster than the attacker's and you will suffer no penalties with this automated defensive launch.
Nuclear warfare has some special effects:
- Nuclear Pollution - nuclear explosions reduce resource production down at target town for a limited time.
- Low Morale - people in your country will be depressed that you are starting a nuclear holocaust, therefore your overall culture and construction speed will be reduced for a limited time.
Nuclear weapons are too powerful, so we have added serious penalties so they will be a last resort weapon, not something you should throw back and forth just for fun.