We wish you a merry Christmas, a happy New Year and have made a present in form of launching stage 2 of Totem Tribe II: Jotun closed alpha-test.
In addition to those people who were invited earlier, a new wave of testers will be invited this time. Now we have invited some veteran players from our other online game called GUNROX to test how regular casual players will feel playing alongside hardcore players and fix the problems that could possible arise out of this.
The progress of the stage 1 is wiped and everyone will start from scratch.
Here is the list of major changes in stage 2:
- New quest location called "Opposition Hideout" was added. There you must find Gromus and other opposition leaders in their hideout and in order to do so you must solve a quest - there are several different ways to do that which can result into puzzle solving, item finding or monster fighting - depending on which path you will take.
- Over 50 of various advisor quests added that become available after you finish tutorial - talk to Bulat or Zweistein and they will help you build up your town step by step generously rewarding you for your progress. You will receive over 50 items from those quests so even if player haven't donated anything and has no Enkord Cash will be able to properly jump-start his/her country.
- Cash Shop is added where you can spend Enkord Cash received for your donations in case those 50 items from advisor quests won't be enough. The Cash Shop is initial version, so might be buggy - report us any problems.
- Fishing was added - once you find all of the fishing pole components and assemble it, you will be able to fish for various species.
- The balance of the game was revamped significantly - prices and requirements of buildings, units, technologies was changed to make it smother and more balanced. Plus a lot of minor things too many to mention. We will see how it turns out.
- Two new buildings and one new unit were added. The buildings are the Secret Cave where you can train Caveman (a new unit but one you might remember from original Totem Tribe) and the Petroglyph where you can convert excessive stone resources into science points increasing your research. The Secret Cave is an alternative to the Witchdoctor Shack, therefore, you will have to choose whether you want Witchdoctors or Cavemen in your country.
- The world map has more strategic resources now, especially horses.
- Less important changes mentioned in our changelog thread on forum.
Please note, that this is still a closed alpha test and after stage 2, stage 3 will be implemented and your progress will be reset again. If you are not ready to play a very limited and buggy game - please wait until the later stages.
What we have NOT done in the stage 2: we haven't changed the interface at all. The feedback on the interface was so huge and with so many problems reported, especially the issue of the bad game screen where the bottom panel takes up too much space, we decided it makes no sense to fix what we have. It is pointless to polish the turd and we decided to completely rework the internals of the interface system which will allow us to make tweaks to the interface fast and get the user feedback promptly allowing us to do quick interface iterations. In doing so we will be able to settle with an interface that the majority of people will find convenient. That being said - we have postponed the full interface tweaking the until alpha stage 3 or maybe even later.
Another important thing to mention - you will now be able to spend your Enkord Cash. And just to stop you worrying, all of your currency points will be refunded in stage 3 when the game will be wiped again. Therefore, you can safely spend your Enkord Cash now and have ALL of it refunded for you to spend again in stage 3. Go ahead and spend the Enkord Cash you have accumulated with your donations and help us test the Cash Shop.
How to play Totem Tribe II: Jotun closed alpha 2:
- If you have played the alpha 1 - you don't need to do anything special, just launch the game and update will be downloaded automatically.
- If you haven't tried it yet and been invited, open this link and follow the instructions: http://www.totemtribe.com/alpha/
- If the link above says you don't have permission to open it means that unfortunately you haven't been invited yet, sorry. But don't worry, there will be stage 3 and later updates when we will be inviting more players and eventually we will invite you as well. Unfortunately the game is at it's early stages and has a lot of bugs, the server is down quite often and sadly we are unable to invite all those who want to take part and play. However, if you want to increase your chances of being invited for upcoming stages, please consider donating to support our game. Donators always get priority when it comes to inviting new testers.