Previously we have been discussing the ideas on new politics to make gameplay more varied and allow for more playstyles. Based on those ideas we have plans to add some new politics in Alpha 7. Here is what we are planning to add:
Will be available early (in Classical Age) whilch will allow to play successfuly with small number single or couple of towns. It has been brainstormed and discussed earlier: http://www.totemtribe.com/talk/brainstorming-politics-for-players-with-single-town/
Basically this politics is down to:
- +100% to resource production in first town
- -50% to resource production in all other towns
- +300% to defense (instead of +200% in collectivism, because we have less towns, and thus less troops)
- -75% to offense (instead of -66% in collectivism, to make it banaced with increased defenses)
- The number of required culture per domain cell is doubled (to reduce passive agression through domain expansion as increased defence makes this player harder to crack).
This politics will allow you to have more towns than you normally do, but at a price.
It will reduce corruption in towns placed close to your other towns but will increase the corruption for towns who are far away from your other ones. To utilize this politics you will have to place your towns as close to each other as possible. You will probably have less globals because of it, but having 10-15 towns in your country is worth It I think. We have been brainstorming about it earlier:
One of this politics will allow to have 4 world resources per town instead on 3. The drawback will probably be only 50% of resource production in towns.
There is still time until Alpha 7 so if you have your own ideas about politics or comments on what I have suggested about - go ahead and post your ideas/feedback. Its a good chance your idea can make it into the Alpha 7.