Several questions to those who have beaten at least couple of random ruins:
- How many ruins have you completed, state their names
11: Boston, Moscow, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo, London, Toronto, Madrid, Lincoln, Boryspil, Rogoziv
- What have you found inside of them? Enemies, digging piles, traps, rooms with buttons, puzzles, etc.
All of these
big/long did you felt the ruins were? Too big, too short, just
right, etc. Different ruins have different size so state which one
you are talking about.
I always like my quest locations long, so the longer ones (I think 9 sections?) were the best
- What kind of items have you found inside?
A lot of consumables
you found secrets in the ruins? If so, how many of them? The secret
is indicated by special sound and message in the log - "secret found"
- If you have found a secret, what do you think about them - is it a good addition or too much of a gimmick?
I like secrets very much, once you know how to look for them they are a great way to stock up on rare items
- What about gems? Have you found them all? How hard were they?
the shorter locations I miss a few only, but ruins are defo the worst
for gems - because of the underground sections. Not only you need to go
down, but the sections are not connected so you need to move your hero a
lot - very bothersome, not worth it. In general, moving across ruins,
for example when you visit the second time, is really difficult.
- Hidden consumable items - were they useful? How many of them have you found? How many blueprints/figurines?
Not sure if I found BP or FE apart from secrets, but I did find figs of teaching
- How hard were the enemies in your dungeons?
My worst were in the mines... ancient monsters. Pretty nasty!
- How hard were the digging sequences?
easy, but horribly annoying, definietely the worst. I also had a lot of
them - in one of the longer ruins I had like 5 in a row, they are
really boring. Maybe you can change the random drawing of sections, so
that they are more mixed? Eg. when there were 2 of a kind in a row, the
next is always different?
- How hard were the hidden buttons?
Took me some time to find the new ones (on top of rocks, etc.) but once I did, they were not very difficult.
- How hard were the puzzles?
loved sokoban as a kid :))) so I really liked the idea, but they are
sometimes unsolvable so it takes a lot of fun away. And they are, trust
me, I've checked all possible moves and all were a dead end.
- How hard were the holograms?
I found them easy, I just clicked randomly and that always worked.
- Did you get the unique sections in ruins with a small story? Which ones? What do you think about those?
I found a few... zoo, school, prison, some research area, a
market/storage thing. They were unique so much more interesting than the
regular sections, but I guess they will be less fun when I do them
again with another hero. I liked that you could access some strange
rooms, walk through holes in walls, etc. Took me some time to get
privileged access so I had another run to access the closed rooms and
that was fun too.
was the overall feel of the ruins? How do they fit with the rest of
the game? What was you first impression when you explored them? Did
they felt like TT1 adventures? How do they compate to dungeons and mines?
liked them, but they didn't feel so novel because they are composed of
stuff that was already there. For this reason I found the unique
sections the best. I don't think they resemble TT1... And my favs are
- What do you think about the conclusion of the ruins quest? Did you learn anything interesting in the end?
I learned that Miss Verdanska did some nasty research first... But the
overall story did not surprise me - it fit right along with the story
from anomalies. The new part was that the "rebels" are actually the
normal people of Teya. I was a bit disappointed with that warning dude,
and his firends - saw them twice and then there was no continuation -
who are they? I think I'm missing one ruins so maybe they will be
- How do you like the final reward? What did you get?
Shoes that increase research (by 5% only, so not that much)... and
don't even have the normal shoes property (increasing army speed). I
could use them when hero is in town but otherwise they are pretty
useless. Pity, because they look nice on the hero.
- State any other things you have found interesting in the ruins, not mentioned specifically above.
digging sections please! And I still have some things I can't open -
one wall like thing in zoo that looks like the walls that break after
you finish ruin and crate doors in the 2 last ruins - with a place to
put the iphone on but no terminal. If these are to be opened - great, I
hope to find a way, but if these are just decoration - they are