1. Not sure exactly. I took my time. Worked on it over the course of 2 days. It probably amounted to at least 8 hours or more of time total if I had to estimate.
2. I completed New Kyiv first and that's also the one I started with. However, I did go back and forth between both quest locations at one point. I had most of NK complete before going to KV. I tried killing the monster on my own and died, so I had to resurrect once.
3. My hero was lvl 10 and did it with hero alone.
4. Lester and Eleuia joined me. I answered nicely as well to be safe. I did ask for something in return, however. Talking to Kanen, one of my other heros failed this portion and doesn't have enough charisma. (Also, nice little side story about Lester losing everything to a woman :P )
5. I talked to Juliana nicely but I did ask for something in return. I gave her the broach. I went back and killed Fargred. Then went back to Juliana and the conversation is still the same. Is this a bug? Nothing happens.
6. I completed the puzzle at New Kyiv on my first attempt. Probably a bit of luck. I do a lot of puzzles so figured it was a type of cryptogram. It took me about 15-20 minutes. I did it a round-about way, though, that I won't go into. LOL!
7. I thought the items were hidden very well. The sun was the hardest to find. I think I clicked on it with some luck while looking for a gem. Some of the skeletons were hidden good also behind ruins. I probably wouldn't have found the hidden thorns to uncover more clouds if I hadn't accidentally clicked on them. One parchment took me longer to find also. I blended in well.
8. I forgot about the gems until I just read this post above. I have to go back and find the rest. I have a 2-3 left at both locations. Great job hiding them, btw!
9. I love the conversations and the different outcomes. It definitely adds another element to the game and makes you pay attention and think before clicking through it, especially if it affects a quest. Could be very tricky.
10. These quests are a nice step up from OH. The OH is a good way to "get your feet wet," so to speak. New Kyiv seemed toughest and my favorite. Many elements to it and different things going on at the same time. Loved it!!!! I like the interaction with characters and making sure you click on everything. It is unpredictable, which is good.
Keepers Village was fun and a nice break from everything going on at New Kyiv. The puzzle was easy for me. I might have just lucked out. I did have to ask about tree watering because I somehow missed the rune stone that said what to do. I saw all the dead trees and new it was strange but had to get a hint.
11. I beat New Kyiv first. I went into it taking my time, clicking everything and reading everything. I took some notes as well. I talked to characters many times just to make sure I didn't miss anything and chose my words carefully, always being polite for the most part, except asking for something in return. Arachnea's description above is very similar to mine.
I'm sure I have forgotten something but the post is getting lengthy, so I will stop. Feel free to ask me specific questions if I have been too vague or I missed an answer to something.
I could do these quests all day every day! Can't wait for the next one. LOVE IT!!!